Senior System Administrator
Senior System Administrator
Skills and Background:
- US Citizen
- Experience configuring, managing and upgrading Linux and Windows systems.
- Strong understanding of and background working with Active Directory domain administration, GPOs, security management, etc.
- Experience with system security and best practices.
- Experience with enterprise server virtualization.
- Expert proficiency in Linux system configuration and administration.
- Experience with provisioning and operating network security equipment, including IDS/IPS, Antivirus, Firewalls, Security Gateways, VPNs (virtual private networks), and SIEM architectures.
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting and resolving performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- IT Program Management skills including concept development, cost and schedule estimation and project management.
- Ability to lead and manage enterprise-wide IT mission and strategy across multiple locations.
- Personnel management skills including tasking, evaluation and reviews.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical area including computer science, engineering or management information systems.
- 5+ years of experience with IP networking, routing, switching, VLAN segmentation.
- 5+ years of experience implementing and maintaining common Windows services (AD, Group Policy, file shares), Exchange, SharePoint.
- 5+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux server administration with common applications (Apache, MySQL, etc.)
- Proficiency in at least one scripting or programming language (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and working knowledge of common standards including IP networking, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, CIFS.
- Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, and/or relevant security certifications.
- Office 365/GCC experience.
- Experience with 800-171, CMMC, and/or RMF compliance.
- Familiarity with an automation/CM framework like Ansible, Chef, or SaltStack.
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
Aeronix is a small but growing business with a history of solving complicated real-world problems for our commercial, government, and defense customers via development of custom electronic system and software solutions. Aeronix strives to provide competitive advantage to our customers via leverage of Aeronix intellectual property, available embedded solutions, and custom electronics hardware and software design.
With the relaxed culture of a small, growing company like Aeronix, you will get hands-on experience at a faster pace than you would with a big organization. The flexibility of our structure provides significantly more opportunities to widen your horizons. You will know exactly how your contribution is affecting the company’s growth!
This position includes the benefits offered to all full-time employees including a generous 401(k) plan, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance (3x salary), vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
Aeronix Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact us.